Friday, September 26, 2008

Damn it feels good to be broke!

For the first time in my adult life, broke people are the most secure people in this economy. With a comfortable pot to piss in and not much else, I find this whole "financial crisis" comical. With over 100 murders, mostly black on black, in Oakland, the real danger and threat is someone popping a cap in my ass. High gas don't scare me. Frozen credit don't phaze me either. I live hand to mouth. Check come in, belly full, metro cut back on. Sure we got a little retirement saved up but by the time we can even start drawing early retirement, there will be affordable commercial space shuttle flights and a Tongan female president.
The working class has the social upper hand. You can't fall from the floor. These execs on wall street will face severe depression when they are forced to fly coach or can't afford the country club membership. Traffic accidents will increase in Manhattan as they start driving their own cars. Zoloft stock is probably going through the roof. I derive a sick pleasure from the financial meltdown even if it effects me directly. My bank failed yesterday and got taken over and bought up. I was more facinated than worried, like looking at a meteor shower. I am well under the $100,000 max that the Feds insure deposits up to. I'm broke and loving it.
Is it just me or does this bailout feel like blackmail from the banks? Or more like a stick up. "Gimme your money or I'll collapse! ..... and not be able to collect on loans that you defaulted on because you couldn't affort my increasing interest" ?????
Ummmm, I'll pass. Go ahead and collapse. Let human capital kick in and pull your own damn weight.