Saturday, November 29, 2008

If the shoe fits...

People walking down the street talking on the phone with a bluetooth is #320 on my "stupid things that people do list". You see someone walking and all of a sudden they are like "Hey, how are you doing?" You look around and respond, "hey', wondering why a stranger is talking to you. Then he or she ignores you and starts a conversation with themselves... then they turn and you see the bluetooth in their ear and realize they are having a conversation with someone who isin't there. I even heard that a certain Oakland City councilmember was in the chambers during the city council meeting.... with a bluetooth in his ear. Trifling. I ain't naming names but he's the only black man on the council.
Then the state passes a law outlawing talking on the phone while driving. On the surface this would seem like a simple safety issue but it's not because text messaging is still legal! It's a law written by bluetooth manufacturers! Bastards. So anyway, I spent the first few months talking on the phone illegally but got tired of my wife's admonishment: "ring ring" , "Hey babe" "Hey, what are you doing?" "going to work, etc." "Are you driving on the phone?!" "Yes." "Get off the phone before you get a ticket!" And this went on everyday for a couple months and I finally bought one after my wife ordered me to get one. She is on the internet, talking about: "Macheo, get the David Beckham bluetooth, it's only $59.99!" I go to Costco and get the $19.99 one. But mark my words: if you ever see me wearing it outside of my car, slap me down where I stand because that is still #320 on my list!