Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Capitalize at the Capitol!

Well, I still ain't heard back from the transition team about a job offer but I'm sure they are just real busy and will get to my application but in the meantime I got a great idea! When I realized:
1. That every black person in America is going to be in DC January 20th for the inaguration
2. It will be cold as hell
3. Obama paraphenelia is only getting more popular and diverse
Sooooo......
I'll make tons of money selling Obama gloves, beenies, scarves, sweatshirts and blankets on the mall! There will be at least 20 million people there and they will be cold and utterly unprepared for DC weather but even if they are, they will shed their Gap hoodie in a second to don the Obama: "Commander-In-Chief", diamond studded military style beenie and matching sweatshirt. Oh, I got dozens of ideas and I ain't even worried about putting it out there for other people to steal the idea because I can't possibly fill the demand by myself. Trust me, I was at the Million Man March and there were thousands of vendors and peddlers.... besides, at events like this, people always buy crap they really don't need or ever even use (Million Man March cooking apron? or framed velvet collage of Minister Farrakhan superimposed on the capitol dome) So just imagine the demand for something that will serve an immediate function: Warm their butts up!
But I need some seed money so I'm looking for some investors...